Our best resource is often the most under-utilized. Achieving corporate goals and avoiding breakdowns in Human Resources (HR) becomes easier with an engaged workforce; because only then can each employee enhance company value. Here are 7 HR breakdowns you can easily avoid:
- Health and Environmental Safety are critical and your staff are the gatekeepers. Engaged employees ensure corporate health and safety goals are embedded in daily activities.
- Frequent staff recruitment is ‘expenditure leakage’ that you can avoid when employees enjoy their work.
- Resist the battle for scarce skills by understanding how to retain your key employees.
- Don’t let the productivity cost of staff undertaking non-essential tasks move you further away from achieving company deadlines.
- When you need to attract new staff, employees who love their job are natural advocates. The attitude of your staff directly affects the achievement of targets you set.
- Engaged staff interaction and negotiation with suppliers and partners creates better company outcomes so employees can build solid relationships.
- In the 11th hour of a deadline, only extra effort from each employee will turn impossible projects into proud company moments.
How Can Your Company Achieve Employee Engagement?
- Be deliberate about the culture you create. From Health and Safety to productivity and the bottom line, your culture is central to the success of your mining endeavors.
- Invest in better serving your employees to seal staff commitment and loyalty.
- Decrease inherent ‘human capital’ risks in your business by upgrading your employee engagement positioning.