As talent supply diminishes better people are becoming harder to find. The Human Well helps its clients in a practical way to attract, retain, develop and engage their people whether at executive or staff levels, to achieve corporate strategy.
The Human Well does not do search firm but our clients ask us to engage in selective searches, finding the right search partner, and recruitment and development strategies. For example The Human Well has:
- Helped identify and attract director candidates for public companies
- Define and fill advisory board positions in private and not-for-profit organizations
- Built a recruitment portal to help attract and define mobile employees for hardship locations
- Work with CEOs to develop natural and emergency succession plans
- Develop with owners their business family succession plan
- Talent map an organization for future skills
- Inventory acquired skills during mergers; and
- Assist clients define and screen candidates for fit
Employees who are willing to relocate internationally are diminishing. Mobility is a scarce competency often targeted by competitors. Attracting and retaining younger mobile families requires a different set of relocation terms than would have attracted the baby boom generation and most importantly clear and transparent career paths. Assignments are expensive and often breakdown not in the workplace but at home as a result of family stress and investment in mobile talent management easily lost.
Strategic HR is an overused expression and not widely understood; there are business leaders who doubt that the two words are even linked. Not so the clients of The Human Well who know that we understand how important the acquisition of a key skill can be to profitability, The Human Well recognizes the income statement impact of having employees go the extra mile, The Human Well can evaluate outcomes from recruiting A rather than B grade candidates, The Human Well understands the significance of building a sustainable workforce.
We can help arrange people into a cohesive organizational model that optimizes management strengths and focuses on business objectives. We can help streamline or upgrade a workforce for contraction or growth – an over staffed organization can do as much to damage engagement as an understaffed one.